Welcome to the info page on the elective / psychotherapeutic specialisation in “Person-centred psychotherapy”! Thank you for your interest. Here you find information on the method, the admission procedure, the lecturers and the staff at the SFU Outpatient Clinic.
Cooperation Partner APG•IPS
The course with its methodological focus is carried out by the following cooperation partner:
Institute for Person-Centred Studies Working Group for Psychotherapy, Counselling, Supervision and Group Work (APG-IPS) for the method of person-centred psychotherapy according to Carl Rogers.
The Institute for Person-Centred Studies Working Group for Person-Centred Psychotherapy, Counselling, Supervision and Group Work (APG-IPS) has set itself the task of creatively developing the person-centred approach in science, teaching and practice. It emerged from direct cooperation with the founder of person-centred psychotherapy, Carl Rogers, and has been offering person-centred training and further education nationally and internationally since 1969. The APG-IPS is a founding member of the World Association of Person-Centred Psychotherapy (WAPCEPC).
Requirements for the person-centred psychotherapy elective at SFU.
- 2 admission interviews with a person-centred instructor(s) on the list provided by the course director.
- a decision seminar
- Determination of fulfilment of the legal requirements (in particular propaedeutic course and source profession or study or approval by the ministry) and admission as a candidate.
- Total: at least 250 hours, of which:
- Individual: at least 70 hours externally with a person-centred trainer who is on the list provided by the course director (self-payment).
- Group: total of at least 115 hours
- of which two times 50 hours Austria Programme (external)
At least 550 hours, in an institution that is recognised by the Ministry of Health for the subject-specific internship.
Internship reflection/internship supervision:
30 hours in a group setting (optional individual setting with self-payment).
Practice (independent treatment of clients under supervision):
Approval for practical work is given in writing by the head of the elective subject according to the conditions laid down in writing by the APG-IPS and status colloquium.
- Total: At least 600 hours, of which
- 300 individual therapy
- 300 additional hours of either individual therapy or group therapy
- Total: At least 170 hours of supervision
- of which at least 40 hours individual or small group supervision of individual therapies
Method-specific theoretical foundations or concepts/theory:
- Total: At least 300 hours according to training regulations / curriculum.
- Written paper and final colloquium
See the APG-IPS training regulations and the APG-IPS implementation regulations.
General enquiries: Susanna Markowitsch, email@example.com | Tel.: 01 713 77 96
Contact for admission interviews: Karin Macke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Anforderungen PP_2018.pdf
Team at SFU Outpatient Clinic
The following person-centred psychotherapists work at the psychotherapeutic outpatient clinic of Sigmund Freud University Vienna (SFU):
Sibylle Lebeth | (APG•IPS) Group therapist and first interview leader
SFU Outpatient Clinic
Sigmund Freud PrivatUniversität Wien
Salztorgasse 5, 1. Stock
Tel: +43 1 79 89 400